- Hedgehogs are the only animals that we breed.
- We are FWC and USDA licensed.
- We have been breeding hedgehogs since 2006.
- Our available hedgehogs are babies from our own hedgehogs.
They're born/raised in our home under constant observation & routine handling.
We brought home our first hedgehogs in 2005, it was love at first sight. In 2006, we began breeding and now, we cannot imagine our lives without them. Our family has always been surrounded by animals, but the hedgehogs have taken over.
We've had many species of animals (including various mammals, birds and reptiles) over the years. Among the hedgehogs, our current pets include dwarf & pygmy goats, dogs and a cat. We occasionally have baby goats born here, but it is incidental as we do not "breed" the goats. Our main focus is our hedgehogs...they really DO rule this home.
We strive to produce healthy, friendly, gorgeous hedgehogs and match them with new owners that are educated and prepared to care for their new pet.
- We LOVE our hedgehogs. They're living, breathing creatures...not items or products.
- Our first objective is to "better the species" by carefully selecting top quality hedgehogs for breeding, in hopes of producing superior offspring.
- We believe that every breeder should be well educated about the species that they are producing.
- We make every effort to educate others and offer our help and services whenever possible.
- We offer lifetime support to our buyers.
- We are always willing to take in a hedgehog in need of a home, regardless of whether or not it was one of ours.
We ask a lot of questions when we counsel with buyers and we encourage our buyers to ask as many questions as they can think of. It is very important to know the facts about hedgehog care so that you can keep your hedgehog healthy and happy.
Other hedgehog links
Hood Petz is not responsible for any loss or damages in connection with third party sites.
Hood Petz no longer endorses Hedgehog Central or the information found there.