- We are USDA licensed. We also keep our FWC permit current, which is required to sell animals in Florida.
- We began breeding hedgehogs in early 2006 and we are honest about our years of experience!
- Our hedgehogs are pedigreed and have been carefully selected from our own babies as well as breeders across the United States so that we may ensure the most diverse and healthy bloodlines.
- We do not line-breed or inbreed. We believe that diversity is key in producing superior, healthy offspring.
We brought home our first hedgehogs in 2005, it was love at first sight. In 2006, we began breeding and now, we cannot imagine our lives without them. Our family has always been surrounded by animals, but the hedgehogs have taken over.
We've had many species of animals (including various mammals, birds and reptiles) over the years. Among the hedgehogs, our current pets include dwarf & pygmy goats, dogs and a cat. Our main focus is our hedgehogs...they really DO rule this home.
We strive to produce healthy, friendly, gorgeous baby hedgehogs and match them with new owners that are educated and well-prepared to care for their new pet.
- We LOVE our hedgehogs. They're living, breathing creatures, not items or products.
- Our first objective is to "better the species" by carefully selecting the best quality hedgehogs for breeding, in hopes of producing superior offspring.
- We believe that every breeder should be well educated about the species that they are producing.
- We make every effort to educate others and offer our help and services whenever possible.
- We offer lifetime support to our buyers.
- We are always willing to take in a hedgehog in need of a home, regardless of whether or not it was one of ours.
We ask a lot of questions when we counsel with buyers and we encourage our buyers to ask as many questions as they can think of. It is very important to know the facts about hedgehog care so that you can keep your hedgehog healthy and happy.
To date, hedgehogs from Hood Petz have gone to homes in the following states:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming and now, Arizona and Canada!
Our hedgehogs have also gone to fine establishments such as the Tupelo Buffalo Park and the Tennessee Aquarium.
Photos of our hedgehogs have been used at the Teachers Resource Center and on the TV show Aquakids.
Other hedgehog links
Hood Petz is not responsible for any loss or damages in connection with third party sites.
Hood Petz no longer endorses Hedgehog Central or the information found there.
|Fun & Info for kids
Hedgehog wheels for sale
Breeders we have worked with